As the Dani Alves saga gets more and more unlikely to end with the legendary right-back staying at Barcelona, the Blaugrana are already looking for some potential replacements to the Dani Era.
And according to a report from Diario Sport, Barça are set to make an offer to FC Porto for the talented Danilo. A Neymar teammate when the Brazilian played at Santos, Danilo has always impressed with his abilities, defensively and offensively. At Porto, he has solidified himself as the team's starting right-back, and the 23-year-old could quickly become another lucrative deal for the Portugal powerhouse.
Even though Martín Montoya has been getting more chances lately, coach Luis Enrique is not entirely sold on the Spaniard, and we all know that Douglas is not going to be a starter in the immediate future. Danilo is a perfect fit for Barça's system, and he absolutely should be a target for the Blaugrana.
Initial rumors suggest that Barça will need to pay at least €20 million to land the Brazilian. Given that Barça have paid €35 million for the unimpressive pairing of Jérémy Mathieu and Thomas Vermalen, it's safe to say that Danilo is good business at that price.
What do you think, Blaugranes? Should Barça invest their money in Danilo to replace Alves?
- Manchester City Drop Big-Name Star For UEFA Champions League Tie With FC Barcelona
- FC Barcelona News: 5 February 2015; Barca Deficit Back to Four Points, Neymar Celebrates Birthday
- 'Qatar Airways' Camp Nou? It could be a reality soon
- Rafinha Alcântara came close to joining Lazio, according to club official
- Report: Barcelona rejected two Manchester United offers for Sergio Busquets