As Barcelona prepares for 2016 and the possible changes to its squad, the club wants to hold tight to its best players as long as possible.
Barça is already finalizing a new deal with Sergio Busquets, with a contract extension until 2020 and an increased release clause that goes from €150 million to €175 million. Now, their focus is on Jordi Alba. The star left-back has an ongoing deal that finishes in 2017, but they're already planning to renew Alba's contract for two or three more years.
Just like they're doing with Busquets, the Blaugrana will increase Alba's wages and buyout clause, and the new deal will likely make Alba one of the highest-paid players in his position on the planet. Barça plan to come to an agreement with the player in the upcoming months, and they want to assure that other clubs don't think they're doubtful about one of their best players.
Alba is one of the team's most consistent performers this season, and his showing against Atlético Madrid at the Calderón a week ago is proof that he deserves every penny he gets on his new contract.
- Manchester City Drop Big-Name Star For UEFA Champions League Tie With FC Barcelona
- FC Barcelona News: 5 February 2015; Barca Deficit Back to Four Points, Neymar Celebrates Birthday
- 'Qatar Airways' Camp Nou? It could be a reality soon
- Rafinha Alcântara came close to joining Lazio, according to club official
- Report: Barcelona rejected two Manchester United offers for Sergio Busquets