For the first-time this year, FC Barcelona have the opportunity to extend their lead at the top of La Liga, as they take to the field at the tiny Ipurua stadium in Eibar, where they will square off against one of the Basque Country's smallest professional football teams, SD Eibar. The hosts have struggled since the turn of the year and have lost seven successive matches -- in contrast to FC Barcelona, who have won 25 of their last 28 matches.
In short, this one is a no contest on paper. The form guide, the budgets, the calibre of players; these two sides don't even belong on the same field -- yet here we are, preparing for Barça's visit to the smallest ground in La Liga.
With a capacity of just 5,250, it will be the smallest venue that Barcelona have visited this season -- even smaller than Estadio el Alcoraz, the venue we visited to take on third tier SD Huesca in the Copa del Rey. In that sense, it will truly be a unique match and Eibar will be keen to impress, especially knowing that if they don't get out of their slide soon, it could be the last time Barça visit for quite some time.
With Manchester City and Real Madrid to prepare for, Luis Enrique is under pressure to both deliver a result and rest key players; will he manage to appease the fans and do just that? Predict the score of tonight's match by commenting with your prediction below. Best of luck!
- La Liga: SD Eibar vs FC Barcelona: Full Match Coverage
- FC Barcelona News: 14 March 2015; 18 Players Make Eibar Trip, Barça To Appeal Court Ruling
- Lionel Messi plays Ronaldinho role in Neymar's growth at FC Barcelona
- Eibar vs Barcelona live stream: Time, TV schedule and how to watch La Liga online
- La Liga: SD Eibar vs FC Barcelona: Match Preview