Brace yourselves, something ridiculous is coming your way.
As the Dani Alves Era comes closer to an end, Barcelona is obviously looking at a backup plan in case the experiment with Martín Montoya and Douglas Pereira doesn't work. Names like Danilo Pereira of FC Porto (who's going to sign for Real Madrid), AC Milan's Mattia De Sciglio and Borussia Dortmund's Lukaz Piszczek have been discussed, and they're all very good. But there's one name floating around the Barça Rumor Mill that is absolutely ludicrous.
It's Liverpool's Glen Johnson, who's also at the end of his deal with the Reds, and seems like he's not going to stay at Anfield any longer. Maybe because Liverpool is tired of dealing with his injuries, along with his subpar performances week in and week out, but hey, what do I know.
According to Diario Sport, Johnson's agents have been in contact with Barça representatives trying to work a deal for the 31-year-old. There's no indication at this point of any interest from the Blaugrana, and this looks like another one of those desperate agents attempting to put their players in a big market, but hopefully new sporting director Ariedo Braida is smart enough to say no.
But hey, we've signed Douglas this season! Who knows?
- Lionel Messi and Javier Mascherano sit out in Argentina's win vs El Salvador
- FC Barcelona News: 29 March 2015; Lionel Messi Misses Argentina Match with Swolen Foot, Ivan Rakitić Helps Croatia Beat Norway
- Barcelona Left-Back Jordi Alba Out Ten Days with Hamstring Injury
- FC Barcelona News: 28 March 2015; Jordi Alba Injures Hamstring as Spain Beat Ukraine, Ruled Out for Ten Days
- Report: Barcelona coach Luis Enrique asks for Atlético Madrid star