Gerard Deulofeu is back in the news. And unfortunately, it has nothing to do with him coming back to Barcelona.
According to a wave of reports from England, Liverpool and Barcelona are in advanced talks to work a deal that will send the 21-year-old forward currently loaned to Sevilla back to the Premier League, this time to play at Anfield. Brendan Rodgers, manager of the Reds, was impressed with Deulofeu's campaign with Everton a couple of seasons ago, and he wants to bring him back to England to see how much he can develop under his umbrella.
Deulofeu became a fan favorite at Goodison Park with his impressive season with the blue part of Liverpool, and he showed some interesting skills while developing there. His season at Sevilla, however, has not been good, and it seems like he has taken a step back. Maybe a return to the world's most competitive football league does him some good, and he's finally ready to earn a permanent role at Barça.
Now, on to the details: Deulo is currently under a one-year loan contract with Sevilla, which can be ended whenever Barça wants, which seems to be the case here. Barça still hasn't lost its faith in Deulofeu's ability to turn things around, so they will loan him again to Liverpool for one year, in hopes that this single season is enough to get him ready to be a Blaugrana in the summer of 2016.
What do you think, Blaugranes? Is this a good move for Deulofeu?
- Lionel Messi foot injury a real concern for Barcelona
- FC Barcelona News: 1 April 2015; Neymar Receives Samba Gold Trophy, Lionel Messi Misses Second Friendly Game
- Luis Suarez Hits Operatic High Note
- The race is officially over: Real Madrid announces signing of Barcelona target Danilo
- Villarreal forward Luciano Vietto on playing with Lionel Messi: "It would be a dream"