As Barcelona prepares to return to La Liga action on Sunday against Celta Vigo, Lionel Messi is still a major question mark. His foot contusion is a real concern among Barça's medical services, and there's still fear that his participation on this weekend's match could be damaging in the long run.
But Messi is Messi, and he never wants to sit out unless he's absolutely incapable of playing. On Thursday training session, he only did a quick jogging around the pitch while the other players had a normal practice. But on Friday, the Argentine was able to practice normally with the team. There's no update on his condition as of right now, but there's a good chance Lio will be fit for the Celta match.
Before today's session, Messi provided an update on his condition via Facebook:
Back in Barcelona. The Tour in US was sweet and sour for me. We got 2 wins with a great job from everyone, but I couldn't play because of my swollen foot. It still hurts a bit, but I hope to recover soon so I can help the National team and FC Barcelona.
The "still hurts a bit" phrase still worries me a litte. Should Messi really risk a more serious injury to play in a game when he's not really needed?
- FC Barcelona News: 3 April 2015; Lionel Messi Reportedly Ready to Face Celta Vigo, Porto Interested in Douglas
- La Liga News: 3 April 2015; James Rodriguez Ready for Comeback, Toby Alderweireld Set to Return to Madrid
- Claudio Bravo: 'I don't care about individual trophies, I want to win the treble'
- La Liga News: 2 April 2015; Pepe, Gareth Bale Doubtful for Granada Clash, Sevilla Look to Extend Unai Emery
- FC Barcelona News: 2 April 2015; Lionel Messi Returns to Training, Barcelona Announce New Sponsorhip Deal