One of the best managers in football history gave a nice interview this week in which he had some interesting opinions on football's current topics. One of those topics was Neymar Jr., and whether or not the Barcelona star has the potential to be the next great footballer once Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo hang up their boots.
"The boy Neymar gets a lot of publicity about the potential he's got, but I think that's still to be seen, still to be fulfilled. Certainly, most people I speak to speak highly of the boy.
"When I had Anderson at United, he spoke volumes about the boy's ability. So hopefully he'll be the next one who'll produce the type of talent we see in Messi and Ronaldo.
"You'll always look at clubs like Bayern Munich, Barcelona, Real Madrid and Manchester United to produce that kind of player you're talking about, but to be honest, I'm not sure there's one sticking out at the moment."
Source: ESPN FC
It's good to see that Ferguson is not crazy yet, and the old man still has some wisdom. It's obvious that he would talk about Ronaldo, since he coached him for so long. But if Sir Alex thinks Neymar has Messi potential, we're cool, Fergie.
- FC Barcelona News: 3 April 2015; Lionel Messi Reportedly Ready to Face Celta Vigo, Porto Interested in Douglas
- La Liga News: 3 April 2015; James Rodriguez Ready for Comeback, Toby Alderweireld Set to Return to Madrid
- Claudio Bravo: 'I don't care about individual trophies, I want to win the treble'
- La Liga News: 2 April 2015; Pepe, Gareth Bale Doubtful for Granada Clash, Sevilla Look to Extend Unai Emery
- FC Barcelona News: 2 April 2015; Lionel Messi Returns to Training, Barcelona Announce New Sponsorhip Deal