The next Barcelona match is upon us! The Blaugrana travel to the Baraídos to face Celta Vigo in a pivotal La Liga match that could start to define Barça's destiny this season, since tomorrow's game kicks off an eight-game marathon in April, and a potential title-deciding month has to start in a great way with a good win tomorrow.
Luis Enrique returns to Celta for the first time since leaving the club to manage Barcelona, and the boss has some good news for his return date: Lionel Messi is fit, and the foot injury will not imperil his participation in the game. Leo is part of the squad, and he's very likely to start. Jordi Alba and Thomas Vermaelen are injured, and therefore out of the lineup for Sunday's matchup. Per Enrique's decision, Jordi Masip, Douglas Pereira and Javier Mascherano will not be among the 18 eligible players.
These are the eighteen men named by Lucho for the match:
Goalkeepers: 1. Marc-André ter Stegen, 13. Claudio Bravo
Defenders: 2. Martín Montoya, 3. Gerard Piqué, 15. Marc Bartra, 21. Adriano Correia, 22. Dani Alves, 24. Jérémy Mathieu
Midfielders: 4. Ivan Rakitic, 5. Sergio Busquets, 6. Xavi Hernández, 8. Andrés Iniesta, 12. Rafinha Alcântara, 20. Sergi Roberto
Forwards: 7. Pedro Rodríguez, 9. Luis Suárez, 10. Lionel Messi, 11. Neymar Jr.
Expected Starting Lineup (4-3-3):
Bravo; Alves, Bartra, Mathieu, Adriano; Busquets, Rakitic, Rafinha; Messi, Suárez, Neymar
The match is on Sunday, and it starts at 21:00 CET. You can follow and comment all the action right here, at Barça Blaugranes.
VISCA EL BARÇA!
- La Liga News: 4 April 2015; Rayo Vallecano Complete Comeback Against Eibar, Raphael Varane Considering Future
- FC Barcelona News: 4 April 2015; Lionel Messi Included in 18-Man Match Squad, All Internationals Return to Training
- Celta Vigo vs Barcelona: Pick the Lineup
- Sir Alex Ferguson believes Neymar Jr. has a chance to be the next Messi or Ronaldo
- Lionel Messi provides injury update: "It still hurts a bit"