clock menu more-arrow no yes

Filed under:

La Liga News: 17 August 2015; Real Madrid Confirm Sergio Ramos Extension, Manchester City Want Nicolas Otamendi

Denis Doyle/Getty Images

Real Madrid announce new five-year contract for Sergio Ramos - ESPN FC
Sergio Ramos has agreed to a new five-year contract at Real Madrid that ends speculation over a move to Manchester United, the Spanish club have announced. Ramos, 29, will officially extend his stay at the 10-times European champions at a ceremony at the club's Santiago Bernabeu stadium at 13:30 local time on Monday, a club statement confirmed.

Mateo Kovacic set for Real Madrid after Inter Milan bench - ESPN FC
Mateo Kovacic was left out of Inter Milan's side which was held to a 0-0 draw by AEK Athens on Sunday as he is on the verge of joining Real Madrid. Kovacic, 21, was expected to start for the Nerazzurri in their final warm-up game before the start of the Serie A season, but he instead spent the 90 minutes on the bench as a precaution.

Real Madrid aiming to sign Juventus forward | Forza Italian Football
Real Madrid are hoping to sign Juventus striker Fernando Llorente. The 30-year-old Spanish international joined the Bianconeri in the summer of 2013, going on to score 23 goals in 65 appearances in Serie A, but has seen less playing time with the introduction of Alvaro Morata last season

‘Coentrao will go Benfica, not Inter’ | Football Espana
FIFA agent and transfer expert Ernesto Bronzetti has claimed that Fabio Coentrao will only leave Real Madrid for Benfica, not Inter. The Nerazzurri had been linked with the left-back, given his peripheral status at the Santiago Bernabeu, with one report even claiming that he was being swapped with Mateo Kovacic, but Bronzetti insists there is no substance in the rumour.

Man City confident on Nicolas Otamendi transfer - sources - ESPN FC
Manchester City are confident of signing Valencia defender Nicolas Otamendi in the coming days, sources have told ESPN FC. Otamendi, 27, has been linked with a move away from Valencia and although it has been reported City's rivals Manchester United have been monitoring the centre-back, sources told ESPN FC there is "no truth" to the speculation.

Mangala to stay at Man City despite Valencia links - sources - ESPN FC
Manchester City will not let Eliaquim Mangala leave on loan in this transfer window, sources told ESPN FC. Valencia were reportedly keen to take the France international to the Mestalla for the season if they could sell Argentina centre-back Nicolas Otamendi to City.

Official: Ciani joins Espanyol | Football Espana
Espanyol have announced the signing of defender Michael Ciani on a two-year contract, less than a month after joining Sporting CP. In a surprise twist, the centre-back will no longer honour his two-year deal with the Portuguese giants, instead seeing it effectively transferred over to Los Periquitos.