Transfer news: Man Utd considers big-money James Rodriguez bid - Goal.com
James has seen his career at the Santiago Bernabeu go off the boil under former coach Rafa Benitez and his successor Zinedine Zidane, making only seven league starts so far in 2015-16. His recent exclusion from the Frenchman’s first starting XI against Deportivo La Coruna has sparked speculation that the 24-year-old’s time in Madrid could be nearing an early end.
Zidane, Garay and the key names behind Real Madrid’s transfer ban - Goal.com
Eight players are key to FIFA’s investigation that rocked Real Madrid with a 14-month transfer embargo on Thursday. Madrid, along with rival Atletico, is prevented from registered players for the next two transfer windows, although both clubs insist they will appeal the decision.
PSG coach Laurent Blanc surprised by Madrid transfer bans - ESPN FC
Paris Saint-Germain manager Laurent Blanc says Real Madrid and Atletico Madrid's transfer bans will come as a significant setback if their appeals fail. Earlier this week FIFA's disciplinary committee barred the two Spanish clubs from registering new players until the summer of 2017, though both teams can still make signings this January.
Madrid clarify role of Zidane No 2 | Football Espana
Bettoni was announced as Zidane’s No 2 and sat alongside the Frenchman during last week’s 5-0 victory over Deportivo La Coruna, but his name was absent from the official team sheet. It has since transpired that the 44-year-old does not possess the UEFA Pro Licence, thereby barring him from communicating with players during games, although he is allowed to from part of the Coach’s backroom staff.
Real Madrid and Atletico Madrid transfer bans explained - ESPN FC
Real Madrid and Atletico Madrid have been banned from registering new players for two transfer windows after FIFA ruled that both clubs violated regulations against signing young international players and, specifically, what is known as Article 19.
Zinedine Zidane Real Madrid could benefit from transfer ban - ESPN FC
It has been another inglorious week for Real Madrid. A FIFA-imposed ban on signing players that will take effect after the end of the current transfer window has provided the club with a fresh headache following disqualification from the Copa del Rey for fielding the ineligible Denis Cheryshev. The credibility of Real's men in grey has not so much been chipped away since the start of 2015-16 as assaulted with a sledgehammer.
Real Madrid not planning big January deals despite FIFA ban | ESPN
Real Madrid director general Jose Angel Sanchez has said the club are not considering emergency big-name signings this month despite facing a FIFA transfer ban in the summer. FIFA announced on Thursday that Real and Atletico Madrid had been banned from registering new players for two consecutive transfer windows due to irregularities in youth transfers.
Real Madrid Cristiano Ronaldo I could play in MLS in future - ESPN FC
Real Madrid forward Cristiano Ronaldo says he is open to a move to MLS in the future, in an interview in GQ magazine. Ronaldo, 30, has previously ruled out a move to America, telling the Jonathan Ross show in November: "In my mind I want to finish in the top level, I want to finish with dignity so in a good club. It doesn't mean that to go USA or Qatar or Dubai is not good but I don't see myself [going there]."
Real Madrid legend Manuel Velazquez Villaverde dies aged 72 - ESPN FC
Former Real Madrid star Manuel Velazquez Villaverde has died at the age of 72. Velazquez won six league titles and three Copa del Rey trophies between 1965 and 1977 and was part of the legendary Real Madrid side that won their sixth European Cup in 1966.
Atletico Madrid and Barcelona best of La Liga in first half - ESPN FC
Neither is a title in its own right -- although the team that is top at the midway stage is proclaimed "Winter Champions" -- but it does provide a real sense of watershed and an opportunity to look back. More so than the Christmas break does, in fact, even if the halfway mark doesn't give you the time. And, of course, it provides the opportunity to look forward again.
Athletic manager Valverde forced to make changes | FC Barcelona
Ernesto Valverde will need to put his thinking cap on ahead of Athletic Bilbao’s game at the Camp Nou on Sunday at 8.30pm CET. His top player and leading goalscorer, Aritz Aduriz, is unavailable through suspension. Aduriz will, however, be free to play in both legs of the Copa del Rey quarter finals, in which the Basques and Catalans will be meeting each other yet again.
Valencia & Villarreal investigated? | Football Espana
Valencia and Villarreal are the latest Spanish clubs to risk transfer bans after reportedly being investigated by FIFA for breaking rules on minors. Accofrding to Marca, the duo have come under world football’s scrutinous eye, amidst mounting worry on the Spanish Football Federation (RFEF)’s part.
Liverpool ready to splash £15million for 21-year old sensation | LaLigaBlog
Liverpool are considering activating the buyout clause of Athletic Bilbao star Inaki Williams, according to reports from the Daily Mirror. Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp has made no secret of his desire to strengthen the Reds’ attack during the January transfer window and a host of names have unsurprisingly been linked with a move to Anfield over the past few weeks.
Middlesbrough sign Kike Sola on loan from Athletic Bilbao - ESPN FC
Middlesbrough have signed Enrique "Kike" Sola on loan from Athletic Bilbao. Former Spain under-21 striker Sola, 29, arrives to bolster Aitor Karanka's squad as the Championship leaders look to secure promotion back to the Premier League.
Official: Celta sign Marcelo Diaz | Football Espana
Celta Vigo have completed the signing of midfielder Marcelo Diaz from Hamburg on a three-and-a-half-year contract. The Chile international, 29, arrives as a direct replacement for Augusto Fernandez, who joined Atletico Madrid earlier in the month.
Malaga confirm Amrabat exit | Football Espana
Malaga owner Sheikh Abdullah Al Thani has confirmed that Nordin Amrabat will leave the club this month, with Watford reportedly his destination. The Watford Observer claims the Hornets are ready to meet the winger’s €8.8m release clause, and the owner concedes he is powerless to deny the player of his "dream" to ply his trade in the Premier League.
Ceballos dropped by Betis | Football Espana
Dani Ceballos has been dropped by Real Betis for Saturday’s trip to Villarreal, with interim boss Juan Merino admitting "negativity" in the dressing room. The Spain Under-21 starlet, who was linked with Real Madrid before the start of the season, will not be involved at El Madrigal, and the caretaker made it clear the player was not fully committed to the Andalucians’ bid for survival in La Liga.