clock menu more-arrow no yes

Filed under:

La Liga News: 27 January 2016; Sevilla to Sign Keko from Eibar, Atletico Madrid Won't Sign Fernando Torres

Denis Doyle/Getty Images

Liga - Real Madrid Atletico Barcelona transfer bans medieval - ESPN FC
La Liga president Javier Tebas says the punishments handed out by FIFA to Spanish giants Real Madrid, Atletico Madrid and Barcelona for breaking youth transfer regulations are "medieval and anachronistic."

Real Madrid should target Leroy Sane before transfer ban - ESPN FC
Real Madrid president Florentino Perez said in an interview with France Football published Tuesday that there will be no signings at the Bernabeu during the January transfer market. "We have the best players and the best coach," he said.

‘Ronaldo cost more than Bale’ | Football Espana
A report from Spain insists Cristiano Ronaldo cost Real Madrid more than Gareth Bale and so he remains the world’s most expensive player. It was claimed after details of Bale’s move from Tottenham Hotspur were leaked that the arrangement made the Wales international’s transfer the record.

Perez: Real Madrid won't sign anyone this January - Goal.com
Real Madrid president Florentino Perez says that his side will not make any signings in January despite it being their last chance to do so before the start of a year-long transfer ban. Los Blancos were sanctioned by FIFA for issues involving international transfers of minors, with the same punishment going to rival Atletico Madrid.

Real Madrid key questions for Zinedine Zidane to answer - ESPN FC
It's early for Zinedine Zidane, and nobody is saying that it's totally impossible for Madrid to phoenix their way to the title, either. But just as an increasingly desperate search for a Champions League medal was emblematic of his time as a footballer with Los Blancos, so the tournament assumes paramount importance during his first weeks as their coach.

Real vs Atletico Madrid derby date will not be moved - Tebas - ESPN FC
La Liga president Javier Tebas says there is no chance of rescheduling next month's Madrid derby despite Atletico Madrid complaining that the timing favours hosts Real Madrid. The game was set this week for 4 p.m. local time on Saturday Feb. 27, meaning Atletico will face a tight turn-around as they are playing in the Champions League at PSV Eindhoven the previous Wednesday night.

Atletico Madrid news: Atletico opt against signing Torres - Goal.com
Torres is currently on loan from AC Milan, where his contract expires at the end of June. However, Fifa have banned Atletico, as well as Real Madrid, from signing players for two transfer windows, with that suspension beginning at the end of January. That means Atletico must make a decision regarding the striker's future before the end of this month.

Atletico Madrid must sign Pedro and Diego Costa before ban - ESPN FC
With the prospect of a transfer ban looming large, time is running out for Atleti to make their moves in the transfer market. Despite shopping in a different stratosphere than city rivals Real Madrid, Atletico will still want to make a splash before they are prevented from doing so again until summer 2017. Here we take a look at who might be on manager Diego Simeone's radar towards the end of January.

Raphael Varane captain of Real Madrid in future - Perez - ESPN FC
Real Madrid president Florentino Perez sees defender Raphael Varane as future captain of the club. The 22-year-old Frenchman has been with the club since 2011 and has become a fixture on the back line.

Report: Keko to Sevilla in June | Football Espana
Sevilla will reportedly sign Keko in June, with Eibar agreeing to let him go cheaper in return for the winger staying the rest of the season. AS reports Keko’s contract clause is €10m, not the €7m that had been reported, but he will be sold for the lower amount in June in return for an extra few months with Los Armeros.

Montoya set for Betis loan | Football Italia
Spanish reports say Inter’s Martin Montoya is set to finish his loan early and move to Real Betis. The 24-year-old arrived from Barcelona in the summer but has failed to make an impression, making only three Serie A appearances. Marca writes that the right-back will leave San Siro and move to Betis on loan until the end of the season.

Malaga loan Cifu from Elche - ESPN FC
Malaga have announced the signing of winger Cifu on loan from Segunda Division side Elche. The 25-year-old right-sided player will remain at Malaga for the rest of the season and is due to undertake his first training session with his new team-mates on Wednesday after completing his medical tests on Tuesday.