Talking about rumors surrounding football is a fun activity for many fans, maybe only second to actually watching football. In this new daily column, we'll take a look at the latest rumors floating around the rumor mill.
Key reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt. And please don't yell at us. We're just reporting.
Rumors for the Day:
- Neymar is not going through his best time at Barcelona, and his name is already being talked about as a potential transfer. Real Madrid president Florentino Pérez is still interested in the Brazilian forward, who would be Pérez's big-name replacement to Cristiano Ronaldo.
- Apparently Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund have held secret talks over the last few months about Mario Götze, and after years of not playing with the Reds, the German star could make a shocking comeback to the Yellow side at the end of the season.
- John Stones, the hottest English prospect today, is indeed headed to Manchester City to play for Pep Guardiola, according to latest reports. Chelsea and Arsenal still want him, though.
- Speaking of Chelsea, the Blues could welcome back striker Romelu Lukaku, who was sold by José Mourinho in a controversial transfer to Everton a few years ago. But without the Portuguese manager in London, Lukaku would be comfortable to return.
- Manchester United seem really confident they will get Mourinho this summer, but the latest reports say Paris Saint-Germain have approached José to replace current coach Laurent Blanc. One thing is certain: Mourinho will get a CRAZY salary.
If you have heard of any rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are only rumors and not facts, so please take them as such. Have fun!