Talking about rumors surrounding football is a fun activity for many fans, maybe only second to actually watching football. In this new daily column, we'll take a look at the latest rumors floating around the rumor mill.
Key reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt. And please don't yell at us. We're just reporting.
Rumors for the Day:
- Barcelona has two more targets for this summer transfer window: PSG midfielder Marco Verratti and Valencia defender Shkodran Mustafi. Barça has made an offer for Verratti, and continue to monitor Mustafi's situation but haven't initiated any talks just yet.
- Despite giant speculation of a summer move to Paris Saint-Germain, Cristiano Ronaldo is close to a new deal with Real Madrid, keeping him as a member of Los Blancos until 2020 and making him once again football's highest paid footballer.
- Rennes playmaker Ousmane Dembele, one of the hottest targets in Europe this summer, is set to join Borussia Dortmund this summer. Barcelona and Liverpool were also interested in the French youngster.
- Premier League title challengers Tottenham are in fear of losing talented manager Mauricio Pocchettino to Manchester United after Jose Mourinho, the favorite name to take over the Red Devils, was heavily linked with joining Paris Saint-Germain in the summer.
- Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger denied today that Leicester City superstar Riyad Mahrez is on his list of potential signings for the summer, but the speculation about the Algerian's future being at the Emirates is still alive.
If you have heard of any rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are only rumors and not facts, so please take them as such. Have fun!