Talking about rumors surrounding football is a fun activity for many fans, maybe only second to actually watching football. In this new daily column, we'll take a look at the latest rumors floating around the rumor mill.
Key reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt. And please don't yell at us. We're just reporting.
Rumors for the Day:
- Barcelona have reportedly offered €25 million to Paris Saint-Germain to sign forward Javier Pastore, who can also play in midfield. The Argentinean is looking for more minutes elsewhere, and Barça could sign him as a 'MSN' backup.
- Borussia Dortmund defender Mats Hummels looks very likely to leave his club this summer, and two teams are the biggest favorites to secure his signing at the moment: Bayern Munich, Hummels' former club, and Manchester City, who wants the German to partner John Stones in Pep Guardiola's new defense.
- Atlético Madrid are looking for a new striker to replace Antoine Griezmann if the Frenchman moves away from the Colchoneros in the summer, and Villarreal star Cédric Bakambu has reportedly agreed a deal to join Diego Simeone's side next season.
- Another striker on his way to Europe is Brazilian phenom Gabriel Barbosa, who could be headed to Borussia Dortmund on a €25 million deal. The 19-year-old Santos star wants to play at Barcelona in the future, but he could use the Yellow and Blacks as a stepping stone to join the Blaugrana later.
- Chelsea and Liverpool are apparently interested in signing playmaker Hatem Ben Arfa, who revitalized his career at Nice after a bad time with Newcastle. After a great season in Ligue 1, the Frenchman could come back to the Premier League and play for either Antonio Conte or Jürgen Klopp next season.