Talking about rumors surrounding football is a fun activity for many fans, maybe only second to actually watching football. In this new daily column, we'll take a look at the latest rumors floating around the rumor mill.
Key reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt. And please don't yell at us. We're just reporting.
Rumors for the Day:
- Barcelona apparently are set to sell forward Neymar this summer in case any team is prepared to pay his €190 million release clause. Paris Saint-Germain, Real Madrid and Manchester United are monitoring the situation.
- Speaking of United, the Red Devils are reportedly close to a deal that would bring back Real Madrid striker Gareth Bale back to the Premier League this summer. Bale was a Premiership star with Tottenham before joining La Liga, and would be willing to return for a big-money sale.
- Another high-profile transfer involving Manchester United involves Olympique Lyon striker Alexandre Lacazette, one of football's biggest prospects. PSG's Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Bordeaux's Adaa Ounas are other United targets coming from Ligue 1.
- Tottenham Hotspur and West Ham United are reportedly involved in a big-money race to sing Olympique Marseille striker Michy Batshuayi, another hot Belgian prospect.
- Chelsea have been constantly linked with players from the Serie A thanks to the upcoming arrival of new manager Antonio Conte. The latest reports indicate the Blues are close to deals with AS Roma midfielder Radja Nainggolan and Inter Milan forward Ivan Perisic.
If you have heard of any rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are only rumors and not facts, so please take them as such. Have fun!