Talking about rumors surrounding football is a fun activity for many fans, maybe only second to actually watching football. In this new daily column, we'll take a look at the latest rumors floating around the rumor mill.
Key reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt. And please don't yell at us. We're just reporting.
Rumors for the Day:
- After two incredible debut seasons with Barcelona, Luis Suárez will be rewarded for his contributions with a brand new contract, which includes an extension and a salary raise. The deal should be signed this summer.
- Jürgen Klopp continues to shortlist players from the Bundesliga to bring to Liverpool next season, and his newest target is World Cup winner and Wolfsburg striker Andre Schürrle. The former Chelsea attacker has also been linked with Tottenham in recent weeks.
- Word going around the Premier League is that Everton is prepared to sack manager Roberto Martínez after a disappointing season and an FA Cup exit in the semifinal. A few names have already been discussed as potential replacements, including Southampton coach Ronald Koeman and Ajax manager Frank De Boer. Departing Manchester City coach Manuel Pellegrini is also on the list.
- Borussia Dortmund defender Mats Hummels, the hottest transfer target of the summer, is set to stay in Germany, but with a different club. According to German media, the World Cup winner has agreed a four-year contract with Bayern Munich, and the Bavarians will pay a €30 million fee to Dortmund to complete the deal.
- Manchester United are reportedly very close to finishing a €60 million deal for Benfica midfielder Renato Sanches, who is set join the Red Devils on a five-year deal this summer.