Talking about rumors surrounding football is a fun activity for many fans, maybe only second to actually watching football. In this new daily column, we'll take a look at the latest rumors floating around the rumor mill.
Key reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt. And please don't yell at us. We're just reporting.
Rumors for the Day:
- Barcelona continue to search for a backup to the 'MSN' trio, and the Catalans have been linked with two strikers from the French league: France international Alexandre Lacazette (Lyon) and Belgian prospect Michy Batshuayi (Marseille). Tottenham and Liverpool from the Premier League are also interested in both players.
- Jose Mourinho's agent Jorge Mendes was seen in Manchester this week, most likely to close a deal with Man United for his client, and the controversial Portuguese manager will indeed coach the Red Devils next season.
- Riyad Mahrez is set to leave Leicester City this summer, and one club in particular is very interested in the best player in the Premier League: Arsenal have reportedly made the Algerian their transfer priority, and plan to outbid the competition to secure the midfielder's signing..
- Borussia Dortmund midfielder Henrikh Mkhitaryan could be heading to the Premier League next season, and now a few clubs are interested in his signing: London rivals Chelsea and Arsenal are prepared to battle for the midfielder in the summer.
- Another Dortmund player, American rising star Christian Pulisic, is already on the radar of some European giants: Real Madrid, Manchester City and Liverpool are all interested in signing the Bundesliga sensation.