clock menu more-arrow no yes

Filed under:

La Liga News: 14 May 2016; Valencia End Season with Loss, Ruben Castro Accused of Domestic Abuse

Jeff Holmes/Getty Images

Real Madrid confirm 16 fans killed in terrorist attack - Eurosport
"The Real Madrid players will tomorrow (Saturday) wear symbolic black armbands as a sign of their mourning and respect. Football and sport shall always be spaces in which to come together and in which harmony and peace reign and with which no form of barbaric terrorism will be able to compete.

Fernando Torres in talks with Atletico Madrid over new contract - ESPN FC
Atletico Madrid forward Fernando Torres says that "conversations" with the club have started about him signing a new contract to stay at the Estadio Vicente Calderon next season. Torres returned to Atletico in January 2015 in a complicated loan deal involving former clubs Chelsea and AC Milan, and 18 months later the 32- year-old will be out of contract at the end of the current campaign.

Four years in prison for Castro? | Football Espana
Ruben Castro could be facing prison time after a prosecutor demanded a four-year sentence for the Real Betis striker, who stands accused of domestic abuse. According to Marca, Castro is facing charges of abusing his former partner Amparo Diaz Ramos, making mild threats, six counts of violence in his family home and coercive behaviour, allegedly committed between 2012 and 2013.

Valencia 0-1 Real Sociedad - ESPN FC
Mikel Oyarzabal struck the only goal deep in stoppage time to snatch Real Sociedad a 1-0 win at mid-table Primera Division rivals Valencia to ensure his side closed the season with back-to-back victories. Forward Oyarzabal fired home in the fourth minute of time added on to send Valencia to a third straight defeat as Sociedad followed up last week's win against Rayo Vallecano with another three points.

Rayo Vallecano's entire team denies match-fixing allegations - ESPN FC
Rayo Vallecano have strongly defended themselves against match-fixing allegations at an extraordinary prematch news conference on Friday featuring their whole squad. La Liga's president Javier Tebas told radio station Cadena Ser on Thursday that the league would investigate after Rayo's 2-1 defeat to Real Sociedad last week was subject to "abnormal" betting patterns.