Talking about rumors surrounding football is a fun activity for many fans, maybe only second to actually watching football. In this new daily column, we'll take a look at the latest rumors floating around the rumor mill.
Key reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt. And please don't yell at us. We're just reporting.
Rumors for the Day:
- Barcelona is set to lose one of their biggest transfer targets, as Athletic Bilbao have agreed to sell injured defender Aymeric Laporte to Manchester City this summer.
- Despite some protests from the Arsenal fan base, longtime manager Arsene Wenger will not have his job attributions changed as he'll continue to have complete control over personnel and transfers.
- Cristiano Ronaldo is racing against the clock to play the Champions League semifinal against Manchester at Santiago Bernabéu, but his status is believed to be 50/50 as he struggles to recover from a hamstring problem.
- Arsenal striker Olivier Giroud, who is rumored to be leaving the London club this summer, could be heading to Germany as Wolfsburg look to sign the Frenchman as a replacement to departing striker Nicklas Bendtner.
- Lyon defender Samuel Umtiti, who has been linked with the Premier League runner-up Tottenham last week, is believed to prefer a move to Spain, with Barcelona and Villarreal lining up offers.