Barcelona were in good form on Sunday night, beating Deportivo La Coruna 4-0 thanks to two goals each for Luis Suarez and Paulinho.
However, there were plenty of other incidents, Suarez had another ghost goal ruled out, Messi missed a penalty as well as giving the woodwork a hard time.
There are some pretty amazing stats floating about after the game, check out the best ones below:
- Lionel Messi could not find the back of the net on Sunday but he has now hit the woodwork 14 times this season (AS).
- Paulinho has scored six goals this season which makes him the topscoring midfielder in La Liga this season (Opta).
6 - Paulinho has scored more goals than any other midfielder in La Liga this season. Predatory. pic.twitter.com/tqPUjZXkyo— OptaJose (@OptaJose) December 17, 2017
- Barcelona as a team have hit the woodwork an incredible 26 times this season: Messi 14 times, Luis Suarez (4), Gerard Pique (3), Paulinho (2) and Ivan Rakitic, Gerard Deulofeu and Jordi Alba all with (1) (AS).
- Lionel Messi has provided 15 assists, more than any other La Liga player in 2017 in all competitions (Opta).
- Messi now has 200 assists for Barcelona in 607 games (MessiStats).
- Lionel Messi is the first player to miss (at least) 3 La Liga penalties for FC Barcelona in a single calendar year since Samuel Eto'o (3) in 2005. (Gracenote Live).
- Messi has now missed three of his last five penalties (MessiStats).
- Thomas Vermaelen is yet to lose a La Liga game for Barcelona. His record reads: Played 15, Won 12, Drawn 3, Lost 0. (B/R Football).