clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile

Filed under:

Neymar: Barcelona Can Complete Comeback vs. Juventus

“We have nothing to lose.”

Juventus v FC Barcelona - UEFA Champions League Quarter Final: First Leg Photo by Mike Hewitt/Getty Images

Neymar, the hero of Barcelona’s epic comeback against Paris Saint-Germain, says another comeback is possible. The Catalans are 0-3 down from the UEFA Champions League first leg against Juventus, and they’ll need another epic, perfect match to advance.

"The other day, my father told me something that stuck in my head and I think is true,” he said in an interview. “We face another team, but Barcelona is the same. And we can do it. We did it once, and we can do it a second time."

The Brazilian ace scored two late goals and gave the assist for the final goal as Barcelona came from 0-4 down to a 6-5 aggregate win against PSG. "We have to do everything perfectly. If everything goes well, there will be another comeback. I believe in the team and our potential. Everything seems lost, so we have nothing left to lose and everything left to win.”

Recalling his famous slogan before that first comeback, Neymar said: "It's just like the situation we had against PSG, we have a 1% chance but the 99% left is that we have to run, have faith, and if God wants it, the goals will come."

Sign up for the newsletter Sign up for the Barca Blaugranes Daily Roundup newsletter!

A daily roundup of Barca news from Barca Blaugranes