Reports have come in that Barcelona are willing to pay a fee in the triple figures to secure the services of Marco Verratti from Paris Saint-Germain. The Italian midfielder is said to want a move to the Camp Nou, but PSG’s president is having none of it, hence the exorbitant price.
The question now becomes: how far should Barcelona go in their pursuit of Verratti? Should Barcelona spend almost all their money on one player, or should they settle for a cheaper option and spread out their investment.
Let’s do a pro/con here.
- Verratti is an established star.
- Verratti fits the Barcelona way
- Verratti fits the team’s need for a right sided, Xavi-like player
- Costs are rocketing up everywhere so this is just the cost of stars now
- Verratti is only 24
- If you don’t buy Verratti now, you’ll never be able to
- Verratti is possibly the best midfielder available now and for the foreseeable future
- Verratti defends and organizes well
- The price could get ridiculous
- Barcelona has several needs such as a centerback and a right-back
- Barcelona has a few pieces to sell to raise funds, but not too many
- Much cheaper, but still very good, alternatives are available
- The potential of someone like Jean Michael Seri is very high, some say he could be just as good
- Paying this much money only means the transfer market will continue to get inflated
- Barcelona don’t have unlimited funds
Now, back to the question: should Barcelona go “all in” on Verratti?
What do you say?
This poll is closed
We have to keep trying, even if it’s more than €100 million
Anything more than €100 million is too much