It’s been hard to keep Ousmane Dembele out of the headlines today after he skipped training, Barcelona saw a bid for him rejected, and then he found himself suspended by Borussia Dortmund.
But without wanting to tempt fate, it looks like he might be on his way to Barcelona to replace Neymar, which is great news after a traumatic summer.
So while you can prove anything with stats, so they say, we had a look at Dembele’s for last season and there’s plenty to get excited about...
- Dembele made more appearances in all competitions last season than any other Bundesliga outfield player, featuring 49 times for BVB (Opta).
- The Frenchman attempted 334 dribbles in 2016-17, only Neymar (478) and Leo Messi (340) managed more (Opta).
- He also completed more dribbles (103) than any other player in the Bundesliga last season (WhoScored).
- Dembele provided Dortmund with an assist every 169 minutes, that’s a better record that Neymar, who managed one every 189 mins for Barcelona (Opta).
- The Dortmund ace also registered more assists (12) than any other player aged 21 & under in Europe's top 5 leagues last season (WhoScored)
- Only Emil Forsberg (18) created more clear-cut goalscoring chances than Dembele (17) in the Bundesliga this season (WhoScored)
- Since 2015/16 his league goals & assists by foot is: Goals: 11 right, 6 left. Assists: 10 left, 7 right (Squawka)
- Dembele’s debut season totals in the Bundesliga reads: 22 starts 103 take-ons, 63 chances created 12 assists, 6 goals. (Squawka).
Ousmane Dembele's Bundesliga season by numbers:— Squawka Football (@Squawka) June 7, 2017
63 chances created
Fantastic debut campaign. pic.twitter.com/w6tgErrv3q
- Dembele assisted Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang 10 times in the league last season, making the pair most deadly duo in Europe's top 5 leagues (Squawka).
What do we think, worth the €150m?