Celta 1-1 FC Barcelona: Nothing decided | FC Barcelona
For the third time running, Barça are returning from Vigo without a win, but there will be far less concern this time. Because tonight’s meeting was in the Copa del Rey, where a score draw away from home in the first leg is never a bad result. It sets things up nicely for the second leg at the Camp Nou next Thursday, where the likes of Leo Messi and Luis Suárez, rested this evening, may well be sent out to finish off the job.
Copa del Rey highlights: Celta v Barça | FC Barcelona
FC Barcelona are still unbeaten this season in the league, Champions League and Copa del Rey following their 1-1 draw with Celta Vigo in the Balaídos Stadium. Their run now stretches to 26 matches without defeat with the second leg of the tie against the Galicians to come next week at Camp Nou.
Dembélé back in action after 110 days out | FC Barcelona
The French international came on after 72 minutes to replace Jose Arnaiz, the man who had put Barça ahead in the tie in the first half, playing as the striker and displaying his mobility at the head of a three pronged attack. Dembélé completed 80% of passes attempted and forced Celta keeper Sergio Álvarez into a good save at one point with a well-placed effort on goal.
Ernesto Valverde: ‘No clear favourite for the second leg’ | FC Barcelona
Speaking afterwards, manager Ernesto Valverde commented that “it was a fast-paced game from the start, with both sides creating deep pressure and taking risks. They were dangerous when they broke through on goal. We had our chances to win the game in the second half but didn’t take them.”
Xavi: Ter Stegen one of world’s best and already as good as Neuer | Goal
“He is currently one of the best goalkeepers in the world. He plays at a top level, he is a good man and is very professional,” the iconic midfielder told Bild. ”When I saw him on his first day at Barcelona, I was surprised by his footballing qualities. He is a very, very good goalkeeper. I think he is more or less on the same level as Manuel Neuer.”
Barca strike €12m Mina deal | Football Espana
Barcelona have agreed a €12m deal with Palmeiras for defender Yerry Mina, who will officially join the club next week, according to reports. The two clubs had reportedly previously agreed a €9m deal for the 23-year-old to go through next summer, but Barca want to advance this signing due to Javier Mascherano’s imminent departure.
Philippe Coutinho to Barcelona: Liverpool ace edges to Anfield exit | ESPN
Liverpool quickly knocked back that suggestion. Throughout the summer they had maintained that Coutinho was not for sale. Their stance contrasted with Soler’s take on the issue that they were holding out for ridiculous money and that Barca would not indulge a “crazy market”.
Barca offer €160m for Coutinho | Football Espana
Barcelona have submitted a fresh bid totalling €160m (£142m) for Liverpool playmaker Philippe Coutinho, according to reports. The report in The Times comes amid suggestions the Brazilian international has told officials at Anfield he has no intention of continuing to play for the club should he not be granted a move.
Roma join Deulofeu chase | Football Espana
Roma have joined Serie A rivals Inter in the chase for Barcelona’s out-of-favour forward Gerard Deulofeu, according to reports in Spain. The 23-year-old spent the second half of last season on loan in Serie A with Inter’s city rivals Milan after not being involved in Everton’s first-team action, before returning to the Camp Nou in summer in a €12m deal.
Arda offered to Milan - report | Football Espana
Out-of-favour Barcelona midfielder Arda Turan has been offered to Italian giants Milan, according to reports. According to Il Giornale, the Milanese giants – who have struggled this season - were approached by agent Ahmet Bulut, who represents Arda.