Everton, Barca ‘agree’ Lucas Digne move | Football Espana
Everton have reached a ‘principle agreement’ to sign Barcelona full-back Lucas Digne and are also working on a move for Yerry Mina, say reports. A report in Diario Sport earlier this week said representatives of the Merseyside club were in the Catalan capital to discuss terms for the French left-back.
Valverde: ‘We want to win everything’ | FC Barcelona
FC Barcelona manager Ernesto Valverde and one of his newest players, Clément Lenglet, appeared at the first pre-game press conference of the 2018/19 season on Friday, one day before Barça is set to take on Tottenham in preseason action at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena. The press conference was held at UCLA, where later in the afternoon Barça held its final preparatory training session before facing the Premier League team in the International Champions Cup.
INSIDE TOUR #3 | American fans show love of Barça | FC Barcelona
Wherever they are in the world, Barça players are highly sought after for autographs and photos. Currently on tour in the USA, the players have got a taste of their American fanbase during the opening days of their trip to the West Coast, with various events involving the first team and Barça Women sides, in which they have given Stateside supporters the chance to meet some of their heroes.
Barcelona v Tottenham preview: Malcom could make first appearance against Mauricio Pochettino’s side | ESPN
Ernesto Valverde is without a number of first-team players as he takes his team around the USA, beginning at the Rose Bowl in California on Sunday morning .But new signing Malcom - who was linked to a Spurs move at one stage - is with the squad and could get his first minutes in a Barcelona shirt.
Barcelona signing of Malcom ‘likely’ won’t be summer’s last - Valverde | ESPN
Barcelona coach Ernesto Valverde is hopeful this week’s signing of Malcom will not be the last deal the club makes before the new season kicks off next month. Malcom, 21, arrived from Bordeaux for €41 million, becoming Barca’s third signing of the summer after Arthur Melo and Clement Lenglet.
Is new-look Barcelona poised to better last season’s double-winning season? | ESPN
The Barcelona squad that touched down in Portland this week was unrecognisable from the one which arrived in New Jersey 12 months ago. That’s mainly because Ernesto Valverde’s still unable to call on Barca’s World Cup players. Marc-Andre ter Stegen, who crashed out in the group stages in Russia with Germany, will join up with the squad in Dallas, but there are no plans for the rest to head to the United States.
Alessandro Del Piero: ‘Barça have the quality to win everything’ | FC Barcelona
A famous visitor popped into the training session at UCLA as Los Angeles resident Alessandro Del Piero made an appearance with Valverde’s team preparing for the friendly against Tottenham Hotspur which kicks off at 5.05am CET on Sunday at the Pasadena Rose Bowl. The former Italy and Juventus star gave his opinion on the team: “Barça have a lot of quality and very good players. I think they have what it takes to win everything.”
Ernesto Valverde tells Munir El Haddadi he wants him at Barca | Sport
Munir El Haddadi’s future at Barcelona took a radical twist in recent hours. Coach Ernesto Valverde and the sporting staff have told the player they are satisfied with his evolution at Alaves on loan last season and have told him they would like him to stay at the club this season, despite offers arriving for him.
President Bartomeu speaks to the US news media | FC Barcelona
The LA Times, one of the largest newspapers in the United States, as well as other prestigious outlets like Univision, FOX Sports, ESPN, and The Hollywood Reporter, spoke to Bartomeu, who addressed issues such as the strategic importance of Los Angeles for the expansion of FC Barcelona in the United States, the work of the Barça Foundation (which is now active in 53 countries), the Barça Academy projects, and even the current state of affairs of La Liga.
Juventus capture Barcelona pearl Pablo Moreno | Marca
Juventus have signed budding striker Pablo Moreno from the Barcelona youth academy, the Italian club have confirmed.The Spanish Under-16 international scored 200 goals in six years for the Catalan side and Juve have now put a three million euro buy-out clause that will come into force when he turns 16.