- Gil Manzano has sent off almost half of the players Barcelona have gotten sent off in the past 156 matches. Seven players have been sent off, three by Manzano - Dani Alves in 2015, Neymar in 2017, and Clément Lenglet this year. (@2010MisterChip)
- Gerard Piqué now has 25 goals for Barça, which puts him third on the list for most by a defender. He’s only one behind Alesanco in second place, but far behind Ronald Koeman, who has 76 goals (@PedritoNumeros)
- Piqué has scored six of his 27 La Liga goals against Catalan teams - four against Espanyol, one against Gimnàstic de Tarragona, and one against Girona. Two of those have come for Real Zaragoza.
- Besides his goal, Piqué led the team in most successful passes.
- Lenglet didn’t miss a pass before his red card - 17 for 17. Second in terms of accuracy was Nélson Semedo, who had a 98% rate but completed 92 passes, which was third-most for Barça. He was also a perfect five-for-five on long balls. He also led the team in interceptions with three.
- Sergio Busquets once again led the team in tackles, with two. He was also second in successful passes.
- Lionel Messi scored a goal and created six chances, more than anyone else. Ousmane Dembélé, Jordi Alba, and Arturo Vidal all created two chances.
- Barcelona has not started a season with seven wins in a row since the Spanish Civil War (@PedritoNumeros)
- Barcelona led in xG according to understat.com, but only just - 1.68 to 1.55.
- Cristhian Stuani and Lionel Messi both scored, and now they are both atop the Pichichi race with five goals each
The most interesting numbers from the weekend