clock menu more-arrow no yes

Filed under:

FC Barcelona News: 27 September 2018; Valverde tells team to pick themselves up

New, comments
FC Barcelona v Deportivo Alaves - La Liga Photo by David Ramos/Getty Images

Ernesto Valverde: ‘We need to pick ourselves up’ | FC Barcelona

Barcelona boss Ernesto Valverde says the team must bounce back from defeat to Leganes. He said: “It’s not an easy moment. We weren’t expecting this. But we have another important game on Saturday in front of our fans. We have to pick ourselves up and we’ll need everyone’s help to do that.”

Barcelona considering January move for Paul Pogba after latest dispute | The Independent

Barcelona are considering making a move for Paul Pogba in January after his latest dispute with manager Jose Mourinho. The club are in regular contact with his agent Mino Raiola and reckon a move could be possible. However, financially it may prove a problem due to his high wages and a potential transfer fee of £140m.

There was an offside in the build-up to Leganes’ first goal | Marca

Television replays have shown there was an offside in the build-up to Leganes’ equaliser on Wednesday. Jonathan Silva, who set up Nabil El Zhar for the goal was apparently 16 centimetres offside.

Barça and Madrid lose on same day for first time since 2015 | AS

Barcelona and Real Madrid both suffered defeats on Wednesday night, the first time the two clubs have lost on the same day since January 2015. Los Blancos missed the chance to move top of the table, as they were beaten 3-0 by Sevilla.

Puyol: If Barcelona had a season like Real Madrid did last year they would be killed | Marca

Carles Puyol has been talking about last season where Barcelona won the double, but Real Madrid claimed the Champions League. He said: “Barcelona have always fought for everything,” Puyol said at the opening of a Cruyff Court in the city. If Barcelona had a season like Real Madrid last year, they would kill us. They focused on the Champions League, they played heads or tails but at Barcelona you cannot do that, we have another mentality.”

VAR to be introduced in 2019/20 UEFA Champions League | UEFA

UEFA have confirmed that VAR will be used in the Champions League from the start of next season. President Aleksander Čeferin said: ”We are confident that introducing Video Assistant Referees in August 2019 will give us enough time to put in place a robust system and to train match officials to ensure an efficient and successful implementation of VAR in the UEFA Champions League, the world’s flagship club competition.”