- Barcelona are now ahead in head-to-head clásicos (96 wins, 95 losses) for the first time in 87 years.
- Barça have won 13 of their last 23 games at the Santiago Bernabéu (since Messi’s debut in 2004), they only won 13 of 74 before 2003
- With Ivan Rakitić’s goal, Barcelona had scored 4 goals with their last 3 shots on target at the time. In all, they have scored 10 goals from 17 shots on target against Real Madrid this season.
- Barcelona have now scored 5 goals unanswered against Real Madrid, starting with Malcom’s equalizer in the first leg of the Copa del Rey semifinal.
- Barça is the first visitor at the Bernabéu to win in 4 consecutive league seasons.
- Barcelona have scored in their last 23 league matches against Real Madrid, the best streak in the history of el clásico. They’re also the first visitor to score in 12 consecutive league trips to the Bernabéu. [@pedritonumeros]
- Sergio Ramos extends his record for the most losses in the history of el clásico, with 20.
- Gerard Piqué became the Barcelona defender with the most clean sheets in Bernabéu clásicos (with at least 60 minutes played), completing his sixth such game. Meanwhile, Marc-André ter Stegen tied the most clean sheets by a goalkeeper in Bernabéu clásicos for Barça by achieving his third yesterday. He is tied with Victor Valdés and Salvador Sadurní. [@barca19stats]
- Real Madrid lost their third match at home on the bounce, after a loss to Girona and two against Barcelona. This had not happened since the end of the 2003-04 season. [@2010MisterChip]
- Sergi Roberto has 25 assists in La Liga. Six of them (almost a fourth) came against Madrid. He is the first player in the 21st century to give assists in 4 consecutive league clásicos. [@barca19stats]
- Arturo Vidal had more successful tackles (5) than any other player despite being subbed on in the 70th minute. Sergio Busquets was second with four.
- Busquets had the most passes with 64. He had the best passing accuracy for Barcelona with 92.2%, Sergio Ramos had the best of any team, with a 93.2% success rate.
- Vinícius had the most shots of any player, with 6. Only one of his shots was on target.
- Vinícius created the most chances, with 3. Lionel Messi had the most for Barcelona, with 2. Messi also had the most dribbles of any player, with 5.
- The most fouled players on the pitch were Messi and Busquets, having been impeded 4 times each.
- Ernesto Valverde equaled the club record of longest unbeaten run in clásicos among Barça managers. His streak is still alive at 6 games. [@barca19stats]
- Barcelona against Madrid in four matches this season: three wins, one draw, 10 goals for, and 2 against.
- Arthur remains the most accurate passer in La Liga (94.1%), ahead of Toni Kroos (93.4%).
- Messi remains the player who creates the most chances per game in La Liga, with an average of three in each match.
Barcelona 1-0 Real Madrid: Statistics (La Liga 2019)
The most important numbers from el clásico