FC Barcelona players eligible for the 2019/20 Champions League | FC Barcelona
FC Barcelona have registered their squad for the 2019/20 Champions League. The entire first team squad plus Hiroki Abe, Ronaldo Araujo and Ferran Sarsanedas from Barça B are included in the A list maximum of 25 players, of which at least two must be goalkeepers. The three B team players will wear the numbers 37 (Abe), 33 (Araujo) and 34 (Sarsanedes) should they figure in the competition.
Junior Firpo returns to Barcelona training | Marca
Ernesto Valverde may be without a whole host of players due to the international break, but the Barcelona boss received some good news on Tuesday as Junior Firpo was able to join in the Blaugrana’s training session. The left-back was left out of Barcelona’s squad for the trip to Osasuna last weekend, which ended in a 2-2 draw, due to a strain in the internal ligament of the left knee.
Barça’s youngest Liga goalscorers | FC Barcelona
Ansu Fati’s goal against Osasuna saw him set a club record. At 16 years and 304 days old, he became the youngest scorer for Barça in the league. Aside from the U19A player, there have previously been several youngsters that have held the record.
Neymar’s intended transfer angers Barcelona dressing room | Football Espana
Management of the deal surrounding the Neymar transfer by Barcelona’s directors has angered various first team footballers, reports Marca. Barcelona are on a war path with their own players as, according to the newspaper, many first team members of their squad are said to be angry and irritated with the management of Barcelona’s board of directors in this recently closed summer transfer window.
Suárez: “Neymar did everything he could to come back” | Sport
Luis Suarez says Neymar did everything he could to force a return to Barcelona this summer, only to see Paris Saint-Germai reject all of the Catalan club’s advances. Suarez remains good friends with Neymar, who quit Barça for PSG in 2017. The two still have a Whatsapp group along with Lionel Messi in which they speak occasionally.
Neymar and Barcelona to go to court on September 27 | Marca
With the transfer window closed and Neymar still a Paris Saint-Germain player, a return to Barcelona has been put off until January at the very earliest - but only in a playing capacity. The Brazilian will be back in Barcelona on September 27 for his court battle with the Catalan club over a payment from 2016.
Rakitic ‘case’ remains open with Juventus monitoring the situation | Sport
It wasn’t possible in the summer but Ivan Rakitic’s possible move to Juventus is not over. Talks were ongoing over a possible exchange for Emre Can -- the 25-year-old German -- but Barcelona were not convinced by the offer. Rakitic, aware that he may not be a regular at Barça this season, still has the offer from Juve on his mind and, according to Tuttosport, would be ready to leave in January.
Barcelona rejected late Lucas Moura deal | Football Espana
Brazilian forward Lucas Moura was identified as a late trasfer target for Barcelona from Tottenham Hotspur according to Mundo Deportivo. They confirm that, in the midst of negotiating the deal to bring Neymar back to the club, Barcelona had the opportunity to sign the 27-year-old winger.
Barcelona’s deal for Pedri could reach 25 million euros | Marca
Barcelona agreed a fee for Las Palmas starlet Pedro Gonzalez Lopez, known simply as ‘Pedri’, and should a series of add-ons be met, such as international call-ups and first-team appearances, the side from Gran Canaria could receive up to 25 million euros for the 16-year-old midfielder.
West Bromwich to report Barça to FIFA for Louie Barry signing | Sport
Barça signed the out-of-contract 16-year-old earlier this summer, with WBA due around 235,000 pounds in compensation as development rights. However, reports claim Barça have not yet paid the money and the English side are ready to take the case to world football’s governing body.