clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile

Filed under:

FC Barcelona News: 28 January 2020; Players Return to Training, Riqui Puig Back from Illness

FC Internazionale v FC Barcelona: Group F - UEFA Champions League Photo by Pier Marco Tacca/Getty Images

Minute’s silence for Kobe and Gianna Bryant | FC Barcelona
A return to training for Quique Setién’s squad after a rest day on Monday with two fixtures on the horizon this week: Thursday’s Copa del Rey clash with Leganés at Camp Nou and Sunday’s La Liga meeting with Levante also at home. Before beginning Tuesday’s session, the squad observed a minute’s silence in memory of Kobe Bryant and his daughter Gianna.

Riqui Puig is back in training as Dembele steps up his recovery | Sport
After a day off on Monday, FC Barcelona returned to training on Tuesday in preparation for Thursday’s Copa del Rey game against Leganes at Camp Nou. Quique Setien was boosted by the presence of Riqui Puig, who missed the Valencia game with an illness, while Ousmane Dembele trained once again.

The only time FC Barcelona have played a one off cup tie at home | FC Barcelona
On Thursday Camp Nou will see Barça host Leganés in the last 16 of the Copa del Rey. With the competition’s new format, the tie will be decided over just one match with the draw handing the blaugranes home advantage against ‘los pepineros’, something that has not happened in the knockout tournament for some considerable time.

Lionel Messi looks fed up at Barcelona. How can the team and their superstar turn this around? | ESPN
It has reached the stage where frankly nobody, not even the most hard-line Cules, could complain if Lionel Messi was preparing to walk away from Barcelona without a transfer fee this summer. It’s in his contract that he’s allowed to do so. I guess that clause was negotiated for a situation just like the current one and although he’s often said that he wants to stay on and conquer at Camp Nou, you’d understand if he were currently changing his mind.

Gullit: Frenkie de Jong isn’t playing so well, he has to do better | Marca
Ruud Gullit has suggested that Frenkie de Jong could be doing better in his first season with Barcelona. The 22-year-old cost the Catalan club 75 million euros when they bought him from Ajax last summer.

Valencia confirm Barcelona talks for Rodrigo Moreno | Football Espana
Valencia boss Albert Celades has confirmed Barcelona are in negotiations to sign their striker Rodrigo Moreno this week. The Spain international has been linked with a move to the Camp Nou in the final week of the January transfer window, with the Blaugrana hopeful of signing a replacement striker for the injured Luis Suarez.

Rodrigo Moreno photographed in Barcelona as he meets with Ramon Cugat | sport
Rodrigo Moreno is in Barcelona, although his visit is not linked to his possible move to FC Barcelona. This time, the Valencia striker is having a check-up on his knee with Dr. Ramon Cugat, who recently treated his injury which he returned from last week.

Barcelona could swoop for Bruno Fernandes as sweetener to lure Rodrigo from Valencia - sources | ESPN
Barcelona and Valencia are in advanced talks over a deal for striker Rodrigo to move to Camp Nou before the transfer window closes this week in a move which could also include the signing of Manchester United target Bruno Fernandes, sources have told ESPN.

Sign up for the newsletter Sign up for the Barca Blaugranes Daily Roundup newsletter!

A daily roundup of Barca news from Barca Blaugranes