Luis Suarez has said he was shocked to hear from doctors he would be out for four months after undergoing knee surgery in January and is determined to be back before the end of the season.
The Barcelona striker’s season appeared to be over after he was forced to go under the knife, but he says he is recovering well and is in a rush to get back to action for the Spanish champions.
“I want to prove that it will not be four months. That’s why I’m working on my recovery every day since the operation.
“I have not had a holiday because I want to come back as soon as possible. Also when I see the team I feel like coming back. Although always with care and the authorisation of the doctor who is giving me guidelines for my recovery.
“Last week I went to the doctor and he was surprised at how quickly I was recovering. Cugat is a very cautious doctor so to hear that was a good day for me.”
Source | RAC1
Suarez’s operation took place on January 12 which means he could potentially be available for Barca’s last three La Liga games of the season if he returns on schedule.