Ernesto Valverde’s side have stretched their lead to 11 points this weekend and stay top on 79 points with just seven games left to play.
Atletico are second on 68 points and the highest total they could finish with, if they win all their remaining games, is 89 points.
Barcelona are just 10 points off that target and if the teams did finish level on points would win the league as they have the better record. Valverde’s side beat Atleti 1-0 at the Camp Nou in March and drew 1-1 at the Wanda Metropolitano in October.
Here’s a look at Barca’s remaining La Liga fixtures:
- 14 April: Barcelona v Valencia
- 17 April: Celta Vigo v Barcelona
- 29 April: Deportivo La Coruna v Barcelona
- 6 May: Barcelona v Real Madrid
- 9 May: Barcelona v Villarreal
- 13 May: Levante v Barcelona
- 20 May: Barcelona v Real Sociedad
What it all means is that if both Barcelona and Atletico keep winning then Valverde’s side can win the league against Real Madrid with just a draw.
If Atletico drop points before then it’s possible the title can be wrapped up before the Clasico.