Barcelon have released a statement proposing playing Real Madrid at the Camp Nou on December 18, following the RFEF’s decision to postpone the tie.
The match on October 26 has been called off due to protests in the Catalan city, and the two clubs have been asked to come up with a date for the rescheduled fixture.
Here’s what Barcelona have said:
“The club’s desire was to play the Clásico at Camp Nou on the 26th, the date and time previously agreed and the Committee was informed of this in writing.
“The Club has the utmost confidence in the civic and pacific attitude of its members and fans who always express themselves in exemplary fashion at Camp Nou.
“Nevertheless, having received the decision of the RFEF Competition Committee to postpone the game citing “exceptional circumstances” and given that it falls to the clubs to agree a new date for the game before Monday, the Club will propose 18 December.”
Source | FC Barcelona
La Liga president Javier Tebas has previously said December 18th wouldn’t work because of Copa del Rey fixtures, while Real Madrid are yet to give their response.