Barcelona drew 0-0 with Real Madrid on Wednesday in El Clasico in a match low on drama but still able to make plenty of headlines.
There were also plenty of interesting stats that popped up from Wednesday’s match after the two teams played out a rare goalless draw.
- Wednesday’s match was the first goalless Clasico since November 2002, 6235 days ago (Opta).
- Ansu Fati is the youngest player to feature in El Clasico in the 21st Century at 17 years and 48 days.
HISTORIC! Ansu Fati becomes the youngest player to appear in #ElClásico in the 21st century! pic.twitter.com/ie4MIqwXyf— FC Barcelona (@FCBarcelona) December 18, 2019
- Zinedine Zidane is unbeaten in five matches at the Camp Nou as Real Madrid boss (won two, drawn three) (Opta).
- Ernesto Valverde has gone seven Clasicos unbeaten, equalling Pep Guardiola’s record from April 2011 and January 2012. (FC Barcelona).
- Lionel Messi has equalled Xavi’s El Clásico record of 42 appearances in the fixture on Wednesday.
#Messi will equal Xavi Hernández with 4⃣2⃣ #ElClásico's played!— FC Barcelona (@FCBarcelona) December 18, 2019
The most in Barça's history pic.twitter.com/sTfJqBfcl1
- Sergio Ramos became the player with the most Clasico appearances on Wednesday, making his 43th outing.
- Nelson Semedo made his 100th Barcelona appearance on Wednesday (FC Barcelona).
- Real Madrid became the first visitors to keep a clean sheet at the Camp Nou in 34 matches.
@realmadriden became the first visiting team to keep a clean sheet at the Camp Nou in 34 matches!#ElClasico pic.twitter.com/9VYFNfzSiF— LaLiga (@LaLigaEN) December 19, 2019
- Wednesday’s draw was only the ninth 0-0 between the teams in 243 games between the two rivals (FC Barcelona).
- Lionel Messi has not managed a goal or assist against Real Madrid in his last four matches for the first time in his career (BBC Sport).