clock menu more-arrow no yes

Filed under:

Seri plays down Barcelona rumors as reports claim deal has collapsed

New, comments

The Blaugrana seem to have had a change of heart

Netherlands v Ivory Coast - International Friendly Photo by Dean Mouhtaropoulos/Getty Images

Are we about to add Jean Michael Seri to the list of players Barcelona wanted and failed to sign this summer? We might be, acccording to the latest developments.

First up we have the man himself who spoke to reporters after Nice were beaten in Champions League qualifying by Napoli on Tuesday night.

"No, it wasn't my last match with Nice. I'll be at Amiens on Saturday," he said.

"I don't know too much [about the rumours]. I've told everyone to let me focus on my goal, which today was to focus on the Champions League and then, afterwards, to see if I'll leave or stay.

"If it happens with Barcelona, that's good, otherwise I am happy in Nice."

Source | FourFourTwo

So far, so non-committal but his words were swiftly followed by Mundo Deportivo reporting that despite Barcelona being close to a deal with Nice, they suddenly changed their minds and pulled out of the deal.

Apparently Seri has agreed a four-year deal, the finances had also been agreed and “everything was ready to announce the transfer” until Barca abruptly changed their minds due to a “technical matter”.

Apparently the club will now forget about Seri and will instead focus their attentions again on Dembele and Coutinho.

All of which leads once again to the question: Do Barcelona have any idea what they are doing in this transfer window?