clock menu more-arrow no yes

Filed under:

Barcelona told Roma starlet Cengiz Under is not for sale

New, comments
AS Roma v Benevento Calcio - Serie A Photo by Paolo Bruno/Getty Images

Barcelona have been warned off Roma starlet Cengiz Under by club president James Pallotta.

Sporting director Monchi has previously revealed that Barcelona were interested in the 20-year-old and have been in touch with his representative.

However, Pallotta is not at all happy about rumours surrounding Under, and goalkeeper Alisson, and says both stars are under long-term contracts.

“There’s a frustration on my part that people go ‘Oh, Roma’s a supermarket,’” he said.

“We’re not trying to just sell players. We’ve tied Under down on a five-year contract, and the situation’s similar with Alisson.

”I was a fan of his right from day one and I’m glad he’s finally showing how good he is, because he’s been incredible. I think players like [Patrik] Shick are also going to be very useful in the future.

”Monchi has had to face many problems due to financial fair play and there’s still a bit of work to do, but we’ve identified many ways in which we can improve the team in the coming five years.”

Source | Sirius XM

Under has six goals for Roma this season and Barcelona may get to see for themselves exactly what he can offer when the two sides meet in the Champions League on Wednesday.