Gremio president Romildo Bolzan Jr reckons there’s no chance Barcelona can bring in Arthur this summer and they’ll have to wait until the winter.
Barcelona announced earlier this year they have agreed an option, which they can exercise in July, to sign Arthur but the Gremio chief says they’ll have to wait for the midfielder.
“There is no possibility that Arthur will leave the club in the coming months because everything is already written, there is already a written contract where this possibility is not contemplated,” he said.
”The only thing to which Barcelona is entitled is to exercise the options to buy, in this case, they have to pay the transaction by July 15.”
Source | Sport
Bolzan Jr doesn’t sound like he’s messing around and it seems like we are going to have to wait probably until early next year to see Arthur in a Barcelona shirt.