Atletico Madrid president Enrique Cerezo has once again reiterated his belief that Antoine Griezmann is going nowhere this summer, while Josep Maria Bartomeu is reportedly losing confidence that Barcelona will be able to pull off a deal for the Frenchman.
The speculation over Griezmann’s move to Barcelona has rarely been out of the headlines this season but it’s just gone a little cold over the last week or so after the forward joined up with the France squad.
While Barcelona players have been happy to talk up Griezmann, the Atletico star has kept quiet. All we really know is that he wants his future sorted before the World Cup which starts on June 14.
Cerezo continues to believe that his star man is going absolutely nowhere this summer despite all the speculation.
“I do not know the problems of other clubs,” he said.
”What I do say is what I have always said: Griezmann has a contract with Atletico for another four years, so it’s very difficult to solve until four years from now.”
Source | Goal
Meanwhile, Bartomeu is “no longer confident” the club will land Griezmann, according to a report in Marca (so, you know).
Their report reckons that Griezmann might have changed his mind, and Barcelona are particularly concerned about footage showing Diego Godin telling supporters he would stay.
Barcelona are expected to make their move on July 1st when his release clause drops to €100 million, and then it’s up to Griezmann what he does.