Ernesto Valverde says he had “no doubts” about agreeing to continue at Barcelona after signing a contract extension on Friday.
Barcelona have confirmed his deal has been extended to cover next season, and there’s also the option for another year.
“I am really happy, I have the sensation that I’m experiencing a unique situation and I’m grateful that the club value what I am doing,” he said.
“They offered me the chance to continue and I had no doubts. I am delighted to extend my contract.
”We have a lot of challenges ahead of us, a lot of games to win and a lot of trophies to win.
“It’s comforting that the club want me to give continuity to the project. To a certain degree, that makes me take on more responsibility.”
Source | Sport
Valverde has previously given little away this season when asked about his future in press conferences and hasn’t wanted to talk about the possibility of a new deal.
President Josep Maria Bartomeu and players such as Ivan Rakitic, Gerard Pique, Jordi Alba and Luis Suarez have all backed Valverde this season and said they wanted him to stay.