Matthijs de Ligt says there’s nothing going on with regards his future amid continued speculation Barcelona will sign him in the summer.
Sport reported on Thursday that De Ligt is one of four centre-backs Barca want to have at the club next season, along with Gerard Pique, Clement Lenglet and Samuel Umtiti.
However, for now it appears that De Ligt is too busy with his Ajax commitments to make up his mind about where he’ll be playing football next season.
“What’s going on? Nothing at the moment,” he said.
”I’m playing with Ajax, we’ve just beaten FC Emmen [5-2 away from home], we are in the final of the KNVB Cup and in the quarter-finals of the Champions League.
”With that there is already more than enough to play for [before making a decision].”
Source | Veronica Insider
Sport also reported earlier in the week that Bayern Munich and Juventus have pulled out of the race to sign De Ligt, leaving the path clear for Barcelona to land the Ajax captain.