clock menu more-arrow no yes

Filed under:

Barcelona rumor round-up: Neymar, Rafinha, Juan Miranda and Arturo Vidal

New, comments

Another look at the latest gossip

Paris Saint Germain : Training Session In Paris Photo by Aurelien Meunier/Getty Images

PSG reject Real Madrid’s bid for Neymar

Today’s rumors start with another update on the future of Neymar and a report that PSG have rejected a fairly sizeable bid from Los Blancos for the Brazilian.

According to L’Equipe, Real Madrid offered €100 million plus Gareth Bale, James Rodriguez AND Keylor Navas - but PSG simply weren’t interested.

It’s a pretty wild rumor and one that suggets that Neymar may not get his wish to leave PSG this summer.

Barca to renew Rafinha and then loan him out

Over at Marca there’s news that Barcelona will hand Rafinha a contract extension and then send him out on loan.

The Brazilian remains a target for Valencia and a loan deal could be sealed before the close of the window on September 2.

However, before he goes he will put pen to paper on a new deal as his current contract expires in 2020.

Conte determined to sign Vidal

Speculation over Arturo Vidal continues to circulate, and Tuttosport have an update that says Inter boss Antonio Conte is determined to land the Chilean.

Barcelona have way too many midfielders in their squad currently, meaning Vidal could be allowed to leave if a decent offer arrives.

Conte is said to be ready to pressurise the Inter board into going for the 32-year-old who has been a useful signing for Barca since joining from Bayern Munich.

Abel Ruiz to go out on loan

Another player who could be set to leave Barcelona this summer is young striker Abel Ruiz.

Sport reckon that he will be sent out on loan as he does not want to spend another season in Segunda B, while Ernesto Valverde does not feel he’s ready to be promoted to the first team.

The report claims that Marseille, Real Betis and Valencia are all possible destinations for the 19-year-old.

Miranda and Oriol Busquets also set for summer exits

Ruiz is not the only youngster who could be waving goodbye to Barcelona this month, as Juan Miranda and Oriol Busquets may also be heading for the exit door.

According to Sport, Miranda must decide between joining Marseille or Schalke. There had been rumors of interest from Juventus but an offer has never arrived.

Meanwhile, Busquets has admirers in the shape of Utrecht and FC Twente. Both Eredivisie clubs would be able to guarantee him first-team minutes.