clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile

Filed under:

Valencia talk Rodrigo future amid Barcelona rumors

The club aren’t sure if he will stay

Valencia CF v FC Barcelona - La Liga Photo by Quality Sport Images/Getty Images

Rodrigo continues to be linked with a move to Barcelona and both manager Albert Celades and Román Bellver, the club’s communications director, have spoken about the striker’s future this weekend.

The striker made his return from injury and came on as a substitute during Valencia’s 2-0 win over Barcelona on Saturday. Celades was glad to see him back but does not know if he will stay.

“I can’t assess all of the situations that may occur. No opinion of mine can change the situation. He did well, he really wanted to play. It’s not the first time he’s been through this, as it happened in the summer.

”But he played for a while today and that gives us a lot of joy. Rodrigo is a Valencia player and that’s the situation. We’ll see what happens.”

Source | Goal

Meanwhile, Bellar said his club must be prepared for Rodrigo’s departure as he is a player who frequently attracts interest.

“We have to be prepared for a possible exit from Rodrigo. Last year there was already interest in him and now, too. There is always interest in good players.”

The transfer window closes on Friday which means Barcelona will have to work quickly if they are to strengthen their squad. Quique Setien has said Barcelona are considering a signing but will they be able to pull it off?

Sign up for the newsletter Sign up for the Barca Blaugranes Daily Roundup newsletter!

A daily roundup of Barca news from Barca Blaugranes