clock menu more-arrow no yes

Filed under:

Barcelona still waiting for permission to sign a forward, says Guillermo Amor

New, comments

The club want cover for Ousmane Dembele

Osasuna v FC Barcelona - La Liga Santander Photo by David S. Bustamante/Soccrates/Getty Images

Guillermo Amor, Barcelona’s director of institutional relations, said on Saturday that Barcelona are still awaiting authorisation from the RFEF to bring in a forward to replace Ousmane Dembele.

Barcelona have been linked with a host of players over the last week or so, after it was announced that Dembele is out of action for six months.

Yet Amor says the club are unable to do anything because they are still waiting for official confirmation they can add to their squad.

“A lot’s been said but we still don’t have the green light from the RFEF to sign,” he said.

“We’ve still not received anything official. If we do, the club will take the decision that has to be taken.”

“First we have to see if we get authorisation. What’s clear is that the club’s been working on this a lot. We work every hard day, analysing and improving and, when the moment comes, we will do what’s best for the club. That’s not in doubt.”

Source | Sport

Getafe’s Angel Rodriguez seems to have emerged as the favourites in recent days, and he will certainly have caught Barca’s attention with yet another goal off the bench at the Camp Nou on Saturday.