Sergino Dest has reportedly said goodbye to his Ajax team-mates and will fly to Barcelona on Sunday to complete a move to the Camp Nou.
According to RAC1, the 19-year-old said farewell to the Dutch side on Saturday night after the club’s 2-1 win over Vitesse in the Eredivisie.
Dest did not start the match but was a late substitution in what could have been his final appearance for Erik ten Hag’s side.
Ten Hag actually spoke about Dest before the game and admitted there is interest from both Barcelona and Bundesliga champions Bayern Munich.
“There are many stories around Dest, just like with Onana and Tagliafico. Whether I have news? No, I have no news. I know that Bayern and Barcelona are both interested in taking over Sergiño. But that is still not the case so far. So he is still in the selection and is available.”
Source | Fox Sports
Dest is said to prefer a move to Barcelona over Bayern Munich, and the Catalan giants are keen to bring him in to replace Nelson Semedo who has left for Wolves. The right-back is expected to cost around €25 million.