Philippe Coutinho’s agent, Kia Joorabchian, has confirmed that the Brazilian will be staying at Barcelona next season and has been told he’s part of Ronald Koeman’s plans for the future.
The 28-year-old has returned to pre-season training with Barcelona ahead of schedule after winning the treble during his loan spell with Bayern.
Joorabchian says Koeman was quick to speak to Coutinho after the victory to tell him he would be wanted at the Camp Nou next season.
“Yeah. Koeman called him right after the Champions League victory with Bayern, the following day, and told him he’s very much in his plans and would like him to return.
“He was due to return on September 7 but actually he returned at the beginning of September because he didn’t want to lose his momentum and fitness, and he’s been training with Barcelona.
“All signs point to the fact Barcelona have changed quite dramatically, the way their philosophy of how they wanted to move forward from last year and the players they’ve brought in, like Coutinho, Dembele and Griezmann they’re all going to be part of the squad this year.”
Source | talkSPORT
Coutinho and Lionel Messi are both training away from the group currently but are expected to rejoin their team-mates shortly. Barca’s first pre-season friendly is on Saturday against Nastic.